Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology
The second edition of Haslam and McGarty's best-selling textbook, Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology, provides students with a highly readable and comprehensive introduction to conducting research in psychology. The book guides readers through the range of choices involved in design, analysis, and presentation and is supplemented by a range of practical learning features both inside the book and online. These draw on the authors' extensive experience as frontline researchers, and provide step-by-step guides to quantitative and qualitative methods and analyses. Written in an accessible and engaging style, this text encourages deep engagement with its subject matter and is designed to inspire students to feel passionate for the research process as a whole.
This second edition offers:
- A comprehensive guide to the process of conducting psychological research from the ground up — covering multiple methodologies, experimental and survey design, data analysis, ethics, and report writing
- An extensive range of quantitative methods together with detailed step-by-step guides to running analyses using SPSS
- Extended coverage of qualitative methods
- ‘Research Bites’ in every chapter: thought-provoking examples of issues raised by contemporary society and research
- An extensive range of additional learning aids in the textbook to help reinforce learning and revision
- A host of on-line resources for instructors and students available on publication at sagepub.co.uk/haslamandmcgarty2e.
Electronic inspection copies are available for instructors.