The DataTank is an open source tool that publishes data, stored in text-based files (e.g., CSV, XML, JSON) or in binary structures (e.g., SHP files, relational databases). The DataTank reads data from these structures and publishes them to the web using a URI as an identifier, providing these data in any format a user wants regardless of the original data structure. The DataTank requires a server with Apache2 or Nginx, mod rewrite enabled, PHP 5.4 or higher, Git, any database supported by Laravel 4.
- Turn any dataset into a RESTful HTTP API
- Allows published data to be requested in any web-readable format or visualization
- Improves the ease, openness, and transparency of data consumption
- Enables data consumers to immediately begin working, without needing to download raw data files
- Provides visualizations for immediate data interpretation and information gathering by civilians Resources The DataTank demo Documentation GitHub